A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

An Evening with Friends

   I had a ball last night with my daughter-in-law Daphene, my friend Lorie and her daughter Hannah, and Melissa, a friend who moved to Alabama quite a few years ago, and I have only seen her twice since then. We talked like a house afire, stamped, and just enjoyed each other's company. Melissa was one of the people who got started with stamping when I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, in fact, I think she might have been my first hostess, but Lorie never did get into it, so it was pretty amazing to have her over to make a card.
   I couldn't find my camera, of course, so I had to take pictures with my phone, which I don't do very well with, so I apologize for the quality of the pictures.  I don't know why the pictures were striped with shadows, that doesn't happen when I use my regular camera. We used a white card, layered with a colored, embossed layer, and then die cut a centerpiece and stamped it. They are all so beautiful!

 First up is Daphene and her card:



 Hannah Cotton:



 Lorie Cotton



 Melissa Blanton



Lorie, Melissa, Hannah, and Janis

Lorie, Melissa, Hannah, and Daphene

Lorie, Melissa, Janis, and Daphene
 
   I hope we can get together like this again and maybe do some scrapbooking, it is so much fun to do with other people.  Girls, y'all look so good! Lorie, could I please have some of your hair?

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time. I really want to do this again. Let's do this at least once a month, shall we? Maybe we can even get Theresa or Allison to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this once a month, but we will have to wait until I get back from Virginia. I had a great time too, and I am so glad that you did.

    ReplyDelete