A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Aunt's 95th Birthday Party

   My Aunt's birthday is June 5th, and the family gathered in Fanning Springs, Fl., near the Suwanee River, to celebrate. The last time we did this was 5 years ago, so I haven't seen some of these people in 5 years. We had lunch at the nursing home, provided by Mike and Marcie (sp?) and Herbie and Nancy. Mike is Grace's son. It was a great lunch, especially the watermelon. The cake looked really good (sigh!). I didn't pose any pictures,  I just snap away and hope something turns out, but I am going to try to do better in the future. People are going to kill me if I keep doing this!
                            This is Andy (ain't he handsome!) with my cousins David (l) and Mike (r).
          Aunt Grace with Marcie (l) and Aunt Frances (r), Frances's daughter Diane is in the background.
 From left to right: Herbie, looks like Lorraine next to him, my mother, Nancy, Diane, Marcie, and looks like Pam behind her. All eating cake! Darn it!
 Aunt Grace is such a sweetie! I have the best family in the whole world. I am so blessed with these people! My Uncle Harry couldn't come (bummer) because he was preparing to move to Wilmington (Yay!).

                         My mother, cousin Pam, and daughter Beth at the restaurant Saturday night.
                    Nancy (great top!) and Lorraine, finally from the front and not the back of her head.
Andy and Herbie, whose name, believe it or not, is George Herbert Walker, Jr.. We're still scratching our heads over that one!


Next are pictures of the house we rented while we were there. I have to tell you that the trip down was awful; I looked at the map and picked the wrong route, let me tell you! It was long and miserable, and I left my pocketbook in a Hardee's in Chiefland, Fl., about an hour from where we were going. Fortunately my cousin was coming right through there the next day. What a break!




   It was a really nice house, and we picked this one because it had a pool table. What we didn't know was that they had put it in the breezeway with, you guessed it, no air conditioning! Needless to say, we didn't shoot any pool. I loved the tin man in front of the door. Hopefully you can click on the picture and see it better.


   We went over to 95 and then back over to Jackson to go home, and saved at least an hour and a half on the trip. That's how we should have gone in the first place! It was a really nice weekend, though, I just wish it could have lasted longer. Of course, there was the little glitch with the rain filling the septic tank and the toilets not flushing and one of them leaking. Oh well! It WAS a nice house.
Blessings,
Janis

1 comment:

  1. ok the choosing the wrong route and leaving your purse (ie no money!!!!) this is the trip to clearwater fla. remember.......I think in early 90's Denny Dicksons' church what fun, that is when you all got there Melissa Blanton

    ReplyDelete