A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

   Well, I have done something that I didn't think I would ever do. I have joined Stampin' Up! again! Not to build a business this time, but as a hobbyist. I am, however, going to revive my stamp club if I can find three more people to join. If you would like to get together with a few other stampers once a month and do 3 projects, just let me know. All you have to do is attend and agree to purchase at least $15 worth of products each month. Stamp club members will also get 10% off of their orders. If you are not a stamper but would like to learn, this would be a good way to do it.

   I have been stamping as much as possible, and I have made a lot of cards, but I am not happy with them. I think that I did much better when I was stamping in the past. I can't seem to get my mojo working, but I am ordering so many new products that I think things are going to get a lot better soon. Here are the cards I have made in the last couple of months.

This card would probably have looked better if I hadn't put the flowers on upside down, lol.





I found this decorative paper in a small paper stack that I have, and I knew it would go great with this pink paper.


I'm very happy with this one, but the bird part of it came from a card class that I attended. I just put my own spin on it.


I have wanted to do a background with my paper scorer for years, and I finally did it. I like this look.

 I was going to put a dotted border all the way around the card, never thinking that that was going to be impossible with this stamp. When I stamped the first side, I realized that it was upside down. I had wanted to scalloped part to be right on the edge, but that was no longer an option, so I just turned the card over and stamped it on the bottom. Voila! Couldn't have turned out better!


I just realized that I haven't finished this card yet. I have to put a few gems on it.


I messed with this card for weeks, not knowing what in the world I wanted to do with it. I had all the pieces except the lace borders, and when I got the lace borders die set, I cut a few to see how they looked. I walked around the table, saw these pieces lying there in my "in progress" tray, walked back, picked up a piece of the lace, laid it on the card and said, "You were just sitting there waiting for me to get this die, weren't you?"


I found this tag die online, and I love it! You can cross stitch on it or just cut it out without the holes. You can also put the die with the holes on other things. What great dies!


I put this card on the next to last blog post, but it had a rose on it instead of a butterfly. I wasn't happy with it at all, so one day I pulled the rose off and replaced it. I am very happy with it now.


I have had this flower, card, and background piece for years, but I didn't know exactly how I wanted to put it together, so it just sat there. After the hurricane, I found it and decided to finish it, but now I didn't have the paper that matched the colors. I finally decided to use the green that you see here, put a center in the flower, and a greeting. I can't believe I finally finished this card!


I used a die from the Stampin' Up! Flourishes die set (it's the lacy piece). This is a beautiful set of dies. I created the background piece with my paper scorer. Oops! No I didn't! That had to have been done with an embossing folder.



Another lace border.



I found this card, minus the butterfly and greeting, in a box that I was going through. This is also really old. I added the two dies, and once again, voila! It isn't as yellow as it appears here.


If you already have a SU! demonstrator, I would love it if you would follow my blog, but of course, I want you to keep ordering from your demonstrator. I have a lot of pictures of new cards that I will be adding in the next few days. If you are interested in the card club, PM me on facebook or give me a call.

Blessings,
Janis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment