A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes

   I have been following a lot of stamping blogs for several months now, and I have learned a lot and ramped up my stamping. I eventually want to sell some of my stuff on Etsy, but the problem is that, while it takes very little time for the people I am following to turn out a card, it can take me a week to do one. So I realized that if I were going to sell anything, I had to learn to do a card in much less time. I also needed to make some "flat" cards that I could send through the mail without extra postage. So I actually sat down yesterday and turned out 2 cards in 1 day! And one of them is flat. The other one would be if I hadn't stuck a bow on it; I just can't stand to make a card without a bow. Here is the flat card: (I did make a few mistakes, darn it!)

I thought that if I made a flat card, it wouldn't be very pretty, but I have a new embossing folder from Cuttlebug, the snowflake one, and when you use an embossing folder it's going to be stinking beautiful no matter what you do! I wish you could see the glitter; when I put the Stardust Stickles on the blue snowflakes, I gasped because it was so beautiful! I think if you click on the sample, you can see the glitter. I also used Spellbinders small classic oval and small classic scalloped oval dies, and a Martha Stewart border punch.The stamp is from Stampin' Up!, and is discontinued.
   The next one is very simple, but so beautiful because of the Textile embossing folder, again from Cuttlebug. I used the Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies and a stamp from Stampendous.


    I hope that everyone has the best year of their life in this new year. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us!
Blessings,
Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment