A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Monday, March 8, 2010

What a week!

  My daughter Beth drug me to Avatar, the 3D version, and it was a good movie, but very violent. It was visually beautiful, and I am glad that I saw it before the Academy Awards. I can't believe they gave the Oscar to a stupid war movie, but in a way Avatar was a war movie too. Afterward we went to Panera Bread for the best soup in the world: their broccoli and cheddar. Then she wanted to go to New York and Co., and I thought I would be safe, or rather my pocketbook would be safe, but nooooooooo. I ended up buying a really nice top that actually fit.
   On Thursday I met some friends for lunch. I hadn't seen one of them, Judy Leiner, in a long time. I really enjoyed the lunch, and it was great catching up. Then the next day, I pulled into the driveway at 11:00 after eating breakfast at McDonald's (I know, my bad!), and realized that I was supposed to be at my mother's house in one hour for lunch with my Mom, Beth, Daphene and the kids. I had to shower, wash my hair, pick it into place, put on my makeup, and dress in 40 minutes. I grabbed the stuff to fix my hair later after it dried, threw everything in the car, and got there at 12:00 on the dot. We had a really nice lunch, well they did, I had just eaten, and then I went home, welcomed Andy home, and helped him rake the yard. The next day Andy, Beth and I went to IHOP, I ate like a pig, we visited my Mom, and then we came home to rake. At least, that was the plan, but we ended up on the sofa with the remote and the laptop, and we didn't do another thing the rest of the day. I was exhausted!
   Today we went to Jim and Cynthia Stephens house for church, and then we met Beth, Daphene and the girls, and old friends Brad and Adriane McKoy for lunch at the Olympia Restaurant. We were there most of the afternoon; I know the waitress was glad to get rid of us. We had such a great time!
   I guess I should have labeled this post "Ho Hum", because this probably isn't all that interesting to read, but if you think this is dull, wait until you read about this week. Dentist Tuesday, hair appointment Wednesday, need I say more?  That reminds me of a preacher we had years ago who looked out at us in the middle of a message and said, "Need I say less?" He was such a hoot! I will have to share some of his stuff with you: he would say the funniest things and I would grab a pen and write them in the back of my Bible. He was preaching hot and heavy one Sunday, and he banged his fist down on the pulpit and said, "If I'm ringing your doorbell, honey, PICK UP THE PHONE!"  I thought I was going to fall in the floor!
   Well, enough of this nonsense. I will try to find something more interesting to write about this week. Not that my friends are boring, I just don't think you want to read about all these lunches. Oh, one more. Someone told us about the funniest thing he had ever heard a preacher say: he was talking about a new expository book on the Bible that he had gotten, and he said that he had gotten one of  those "suppository books"! Said it right from the pulpit! I WOULD  have fallen in the floor on that one!
Blessings,
 Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment