A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stamp Club

    Three-fourths of my stamp club got together today (we missed you, Nancy!), and I would like to show you some things that were accomplished, but not by me! I didn't manage to finish the one thing that I worked on all afternoon. My friend Tammy and her daughter  Jessie were here, and Jessie made some beautiful things with a heart stamp that Tammy carved herself. I don't know if some of the hearts I took pictures of were stamped by Tammy or not; I think maybe a couple of them were done by her, but most were stamped by Jessie. They used the new distress inks, and after the first stamping they misted the stamp with perfect pearls, moved it around with their fingers until the whole stamp was covered, and then stamped a second and third time. The results were really beautiful! The best one was the first one that Tammy did, but for some reason I didn't get any pictures of most of her work. I will have to go over tomorrow and take some pictures because she did some great things.So without further ado, here are the hearts and the 2 cards that Jessie made (she always gets a lot done when we get together; we talk a lot and she listens and stamps!):








Aren't they beautiful? Jessie is such an artist!
   Next is the card I made for my granddaughter Amelia's birthday. I don't think she was too impressed with the front of the card, but she really liked the inside, which I didn't take a picture of, of course. It had a little mouse and hedgehog.

I really like the polka dot tennis shoes!
   I will try to get pictures of Tammy's work on here tomorrow.
   On another  note, if you did not see the Canadian ice dancers skate, please look it up on You Tube and watch it, because it is the most sublimely beautiful thing I think I have ever seen. You should watch the US couple too; they skated to Phantom of the Opera, and it was wonderful! I don't know when I have ever seen an Olympics where I have enjoyed the skating more, and the reason is that this is the first time that the judging has been fair. Can you believe that the men's figure skating gold was won by the USA skater? And the silver in ice dancing was won by the USA? Wow! This has been great!
Blessings,
Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment