A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fun Weekend!

   What a great time I had last weekend, in spite of the weather. I went to stay with Andy so I could go to a stamp convention in Columbia, and of course it snowed Friday, transformers blew all over the place, had no electricity, had to heat the camper with a burner on the gas stove. It wasn't the best thing to do, but it beat freezing. Somehow I managed to fix my face and hair the next morning and go to the convention. It was so wonderful to be in a room with all those stamps and other supplies! I didn't buy much until I hit the Stamper's Anonymous booth. They have the stuff that Tammy and I have been wanting for so long and can't get anywhere. We bought Tim Holtz stamps and Ideaology embellishments like there was no tomorrow! Now that I am home, I remember things that I saw there that I should have bought, and now I can't find them online. Oh well, I'll know better next time. Buy everything! You might need it! If anyone knows where to get Sugar Dust, please let me know. This is a great product for vintage style stuff. And how I wish I could have gotten some of the stamps and punches that went together. I have a problem with cutting, and being able to stamp something and then just punch it out is a great thing.
   Andy and I went to an antique mall in Columbia while we were there, and I found the greatest thing! It was a box of old candy tins in different shapes, and it was only $4.00! I couldn't believe my eyes; I never find stuff like this! I am hoping to make some things with them that I can sell on Etsy. Hopefully I will get my Etsy shop off the ground in another month or two. 
   I took some pictures of the snow, and hope to get them on here later today. Check back tomorrow and maybe I will have a lot to look at.
Blessings,
Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment