A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Very Random Post

   Well, things have been pretty crazy lately, what with going to SC and back, a tooth extraction, and everything I try to do on the computer going absolutely haywire. I wanted to put some pictures on here a few weeks ago of my grandkids washing my car, but I never achieved that, so here they are:
Unfortunately, 15 minutes after they washed the car (with Brian's help!), it was golden again. The driveway is right under an oak tree. Oh well, it was clean for one brief, shining moment.
   We went out to eat last Saturday with our friends in Graniteville, SC, Richard and Susan Showalter. We went back to their house and played Mad Gab, and laughed our heads off. What a fun game! I took some not very good pictures of them and their daughter, who is staying with them while her husband is in Afghanistan.
See, really bad photography! But Richard and Susan look great!
 Oh, oh! I see someone really hamming it up!
   
   I was going to stay until next Monday and then come home for a dentist appointment on Tuesday, but I had to come home Wednesday so I could have a tooth removed on Thursday. I may have another one pulled on Tuesday. Really looking forward to that! Not! Then I will be going back to SC on Wednesday so we can go to Hazlehurst Thursday night for the big fishing weekend. I have never been able to go to this, so I am looking forward to it. Not that I will be fishing! The men do that somewhere near Brunswick, Ga, while the women usually have a scavenger hunt, but this year we are going to have a GOLL awards dinner at a country club. I can't imagine what in the world I am going to wear; they are really dressing up for this. I will be blogging about the dinner afterward, hopefully with good pictures. Considering how crazy the scavenger hunt is, I can't imagine what the dinner will be like!
   My friend Tammy has moved into an apartment with her husband in Chapel Hill. He has been released from the hospital, and they will have to stay there while he recovers from his bone marrow transplant. Please, pray for them. He was doing good the last I heard. Pray that he does not reject the transplant. Tammy and Orville, we love you and are praying!
   Blessings,
   Janis
  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so you went home to get your tooth pulled! I thought you were going to Augusta for that.
    Great pictures of your friends. They look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete