A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Monday, April 5, 2010

   What a great day! My stamping buddy, Tammy, and her friend Vicky came over and played this afternoon. I was working on lunch bags because The Stamper's Sampler has a bag challenge that is due by May 15th. I had made a couple back in January, but I used them for gifts, so I had to make some more. Tammy and
Vicky stayed up until three one night last week making shaving cream backgrounds. You never saw so many backgrounds in your life! So today they punched a lot of hearts, birds, etc. out of them. I made three bags and Tammy made one, because I throw them together and she is more careful, and hers look better too, of course! I took a picture of hers, but I will have to put mine on here later. I also took a picture of the two of them.
   Please pray for Tammy's husband, Orville, who had a bone marrow transplant last week. He is in the hospital at Chapel Hill, and Tammy is traveling back and forth to see him. When he gets out of the hospital, they will be living in an apartment for awhile while he recovers. He will have to stay there all the time and be very careful not to pick up any bugs or viruses. He is doing really well, and hopefully will be out of the hospital soon.
   So here are Tammy and Vicky (Tammy is standing):
We won't talk about how messy this room is; it does have a lot in it!
I just love this bag! Wish I could show the details; I still have it here so maybe I can get a picture that shows the buttons. She stacked the buttons and tied them together. It looks fabulous!
   I will try to get my bags on here later tonight. I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday (Easter) . We met with our "church"  group in the gazebo at the park, and then had dinner at my mother's. Three of our group were going to eat out, so we invited them to eat with us. We had so much fun! The grands were so pretty, and had a great time hunting eggs, eating candy, and playing with all the stuff their Aunt Beth got them at the dollar store. We had gotten their dresses Saturday at Belks, and it took four of us to do it! I said, 'How many people does it take to buy an Easter dress?" At one point I was chasing Amelia around the dressing room trying to tie her sash. She must have tried on 10 dresses. We picked out a coral one, and then realized that that was not going to look good in pictures with Cara's hot pink dress, so it was back to the drawing board. But it was fun!
Blessings,
Janis
  

No comments:

Post a Comment