A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let's Talk Books!

   This is book week for one of my favorite bloggers, dottie angel, and she is talking about a book a day. I thought that sounded like fun, so I am going to talk about a category of books each day the rest of  this week. My first category is the Love Inspired Christian romance novels. How I love these books! I get really mad at some of them because the authors make the characters do the stupidest things, but I still love these books. My favorite author in this genre is Jillian Hart. She has the most wonderful way with words, and her books are the most romantic of all. I just read one by her that was so very, very good, that I am going to keep it so I can read it over and over. It was His Holiday Bride, I think. I left it in SC, so I am going on memory here, and the memory isn't good these days! I read another of these books when I was in Ohio several years ago, Rainbow's End, which you can find just about anywhere these days. This book is everywhere! Just go in a thrift shop or Goodwill and you will find this book. It is so good! It is about a woman who lives a reclusive life on an island because her face is badly scarred. It involves a handsome stranger and a child who needs a home, how could it not be good?
   Then there are the Love Inspired series. There is one about the Hamilton Family, I think it is called the Hamilton Family Saga, and the Tiny Blessings series about an adoption agency. There is another series about a pararescue group in the army, and all of these are great! You can find these paperbacks in libraries, thrift shops, used book shops, flea markets, and yard sales.
   Oh, and they have a Love Inspired Suspense line also. They come out with 4 new books a month, and you can get them cheaper at Wal-Mart, but you have to be patient because they don't appear in the store at the first of the month. Sometimes it is late in the month before you find them. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that if you like romance novels and you are a Christian, you will love these books.
   I would love to hear from you as to what you like to read and your favorite book. Tomorrow I will talk about some Christian nonfiction that has meant a lot to me.
Blessings,
 Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment