A collection of my many interests: rubber stamping, health and nutrition, all things Market America, my spiritual journey, and the mishaps and quirks of my everyday life.

Friday, October 1, 2010

A Budding Artist

   My granddaughter Cara, who just turned 8 in June, took a photography art class a few weeks ago, and at the end of the week they had a presentation for the families of the students. There were 4 girls in the class, and their work was impressive. The class was at Airlie, and they took pictures and then used various techniques to enhance the picture and make art of them. When I saw this first picture, I got excited about learning how to do this technique, but it turns out that no one knows how she took this picture. It was blurry, and then she outlined the various parts of the picture with a black pen. It looks like something an adult artist did, to me.
   I have figured out how to do this without taking a picture. I think I can just create a picture using pastels, and then add the outlining. Maybe I will actually get around to trying that one day!
   The rest of the pictures use various techniques, such as adding bits of paper to create texture. I can't remember all the techniques that they used now. I love them all!
 In this next picture, the one with all the white in the center was really interesting. It was a picture of a lot of feather that had apparently been left by some swans. Click on the picture to see it better. The "eye" picture is of Cara's eyes, with a lot of bling added.


 This is a picture of an angel statue, I think. She added some gold outlining, and maybe some color. I wish I could remember all this now. I am so proud of her!
 Not to leave out Amelia, these are some pictures of her at her new dance class.

What a doll!
The next post will have pictures of our new camper, and the next one will be from the class I took at the end of August with a "stamping master".
Blessings,                                                                      
Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment